1. Shoes. Get to a good running shop and have a 10 minute analysis of your running gait to get the right type of running shoe. Take some old shoes if you have any with you. It'll be the best 10 minutes you give up for your running.
2. Nike+. Get Addicted as they advert says. You'll need the iPod to go with it but it records all your runs and gives you instant feedback.
3. Nike+ sensor holder. Lets you use the Nike+ gadget on any shoe. I run in Brookes.
4. Sun Glasses. Stops Sun, Wind, Rain.
5. Skins. The long sleeve top keeps you cool when its hot and warm when its cool. How good is that? Lots of scientific research to show it helps you run better (breathing, posture) and recover faster.